Fried Brown Rice with Turkey
Fried brown rice stir fry? Here is a very healthy and delicious recipe
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 250 g minced turkey
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 4 mushrooms
- 2 eggs
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 celery stick
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 50 g baby spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon wedges, green onion, and chili to garnish
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chopping block
I don't know how you function, but one of our New Year's resolutions is to eat healthier. And that happens each year. Well, we start up great, and in January and February, we do everything by the book. However, as time passes, we tend to move away from the veggies and turn to not-so-healthy meals. By the time December comes knocking, we basically have pork on a daily basis.
Anyway, it's just the beginning of the year, so let me tell you about one of the most delicious yet healthy brown rice recipes you can make. It's super easy to prepare, it's perfect for a weeknight dinner, and it has all the nutrients you need. This being said, let me tell you more about this dish.
- The first thing that you probably wonder is how to cook brown rice. So put it in a pot and cover it with 2 cups of salted water. Place the pot on medium-high heat, then boil it for 25-30 minutes. Drain the water, cover the rice, and cool down until it reaches room temperature.
- Moving on. Season the minced meat with 1 tbsp soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Keep in mind that the soy sauce is salty, so be careful with the salt.
- Heat up the oil in a wok. When the oil is screaming hot, transfer the meat and let it cook without turning it for 3 minutes. When it gets that nice golden crust, turn it on the other side and cook it for 2 more minutes.
- Chop the mushrooms and add them along with the turkey. Let everything cook for 2-3 minutes before turning the heat to medium.
- The next ingredients you should chop are the zucchini and the celery. I recommend you prepare some 1-2 cm pieces, but you can do as you wish. Place the veggies in the wok, stir and let them cook for a couple of minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, then pour them into the wok.
- Stir to combine an immediately add the spinach.
- Let it reduce, then add the rest of the soy sauce. This is also the time to bring the garlic and ginger into the picture. Peel them and grate them in the wok.
- Finally, add the cooked rice, stir and remove from the heat.
- Serve with chili, lemon wedges, green onion, and extra soy sauce.
And that's a wrap - fried brown rice with turkey ready in no time.
It's wiki time! As you probably know, fried rice is a very popular part of Asian cuisine. However, its origins are from China, dating somewhere around 589–618 AD.
Last but not least, let's talk a little about some of the brown rice benefits. It's an incredible source of dietary fiber, but it is also a great source of magnesium. Now, even though it's a little bit more caloric than white rice, brown rice is considered healthier.
* You can cook the brown rice in the morning and place it in the fridge until you cook this brown rice recipe. However, you can also go with store-bought pre-cooked rice.
** If you are looking for more rice recipes, you can check out our Chicken Pilaf Made Easy. It's not as healthy, but it's crazy good.
*** Don't forget to give us an Instagram tag when making this dish.
Nutrition Facts / Serving
- Calories 297
- Total Fat 14 g
- Cholesterol 139 mg
- Sodium 436 mg
- Potassium 602 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12 g
- Sugars 2 g
- Protein 24 g