Filo-Wrapped Chicken Supreme
Amazing chicken breast served with a crispy filo crust and creamy mustard sauce
- 2-3 mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Handful of spinach
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 knob of butter
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 sheets filo pastry
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 broccoli, washed and chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
Mustard Cream Sauce:
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 50ml vermouth
- 100ml double cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Oven-proof dish
- Sharp knife
- Pastry brush
Introducing a new juicy and flavorful chicken breast recipe that will surely become a crowd-pleaser! If you loved the Crazy Juicy Broccoli Pesto Chicken Breast, you'll want to try this new dish. This Filo Chicken Supreme may sound and look fancy, but it's actually very easy to make.
It's perfect for any occasion - whether it's a weeknight dinner, a weekend dinner, or just a casual meal with friends or family. This dish is sure to impress with its crispy filo crust, juicy and tender chicken breast, and creamy and flavorful mustard cream sauce. And before you ask, yes, this is one of the best stuffed chicken breast recipes you will going to taste.
So, let's get started and enjoy this delicious baked chicken breast dish!
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 F).
- In a pan, cook the finely chopped mushrooms, diced onion, minced garlic, and spinach until the vegetables are soft. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a knob of butter and stir to combine until the butter is fully melted.
- Add the chopped parsley, take the pan off the heat, and let the mixture cool.
- Once cooled, add the crumbled feta and stir to combine.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Use a sharp knife to slice into the thickest part of each chicken breast, creating a pocket.
- Divide and stuff the mushroom and spinach mixture into the pockets of each chicken breast.
- Then shape the breasts back into their original form, sealing the stuffing inside.
- Take one sheet of filo pastry and wrap it around one chicken breast in waves.
- Lightly brush the filo with melted butter. Repeat the process for the other chicken breast.
- Place the chicken breasts in an oven-proof dish and roast them on the bottom of the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Wash the broccoli, cut it into smaller florets, and coat them in one tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp garlic powder, and salt to taste.
- After 10 minutes of cooking the chicken, take the pan out of the oven and add the broccoli to the side.
- Return the pan to the oven and cook for the rest 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, cook the finely chopped onion on medium heat with olive oil. Add dijon mustard and stir to combine.
- Pour in the vermouth and let it evaporate for a minute. Then, add the double cream, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Let the sauce simmer for 5 minutes or until it coats the back of a spoon.
- Take the chicken and broccoli out of the oven and place the chicken on a cutting board.
- Let it rest for 2-3 minutes, then slice each chicken breast into 3 pieces.
- Serve the chicken with the mustard sauce and the broccoli. Enjoy!
In conclusion, this Filo-Wrapped Chicken Supreme is a must-try dish that will impress even the most discerning palates. And as you see, it can be added to the simple chicken breast recipes folder.
Fun wiki fact! Filo pastry, also known as phyllo dough, is a paper-thin pastry that originated in the Eastern Mediterranean and Middle Eastern regions. It is widely used in many dishes and is particularly popular in Greek, Turkish, and Middle Eastern cuisine. This delicate pastry is perfect for creating a crisp and flaky texture in any dish.
As for the chicken breast, it often gets a bad reputation for being boring and dry. However, this recipe shows that, with the right techniques and flavors, chicken breast can be transformed into a delicious and exciting dish. So, give it a try and impress your guests with this unforgettable recipe that combines the savory and juicy chicken with the crispy filo pastry and the rich and flavorful mustard cream sauce.
Basically, this is it. Now let me answer some of the most frequently asked questions people have when it comes to recipes with chicken breast.
Q: Is eating chicken breast healthy?
A: Yes, chicken breast is considered a healthy food option. It's a good source of lean protein, low in fat, and contains essential vitamins and minerals.
Q: Can chicken breast be cooked from frozen?
A: It's not recommended to cook chicken breast from frozen because it can lead to uneven cooking and potential food safety concerns. It's best to thaw the chicken breast first before cooking.
Q: Can chicken breast be a little pink?
A: No, the chicken breast should be fully cooked to an internal temperature of 74 degrees Celsius (165 degrees Fahrenheit? to kill any harmful bacteria. Eating undercooked chicken can increase the risk of foodborne illness.
Q: How many calories are in a whole chicken breast?
A: The number of calories in a whole chicken breast varies depending on the size and how it's cooked. On average, a 4 oz serving of boneless, skinless chicken breast contains around 120-150 calories.
Nutrition Facts / Serving
- Calories 916
- Total Fat 60 g
- Cholesterol 146 mg
- Sodium 528 mg
- Potassium 1016 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45 g
- Sugars 9 g
- Protein 45 g